- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1lb Birketts Lincolnshire pork sausages
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 glass of medium white wine
- 1tbsp tomato puree
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 500g penne/fusili pasta
- Handful of fresh basil leaves, torn
- Black pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan on a low heat and add the sausages. Fry gently until golden brown.
- After ten minutes add the garlic. After a further minute add the white wine. Boil until it is reduced by half.
- Stir in the tomato puree, chopped tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. Simmer for 15 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
- Meanwhile cook the pasta according to instructions on the pack. Drain and add to the sausages and sauce.
- Add the torn basil and parmesan cheese (if required).