- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1lb Birketts Lincolnshire pork sausages
- 4 slices of thickly cut pancetta
- 500gm linguini/tagliatelle
- 4 large egg yolks
- 100ml double cream
- zest of one lemon
- grated parmesan cheese
- chopped parsley
- black pepper
- Slit the sausage skins lengthways and remove the meat using wet hands. Roll into little balls of sausage meat.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and gently fry the balls until golden brown. Add the pancetta and continue to fry for a couple of minutes.
- Meanwhile, boil the pasta according to the instructions on the packet.
- In a large bowl, whip the egg yolks, cream, parmesan and lemon zest and parsley.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain and return to the pan. Add the egg mixture, the sausage balls and pancetta. Turn the ingredients to mix together. The heat of the pan will cook the egg. The sauce will become smooth and silky. If the pasta becomes sticky, add a little water.
- Sprinkle with parmesan and black pepper to taste.