- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1lb Birketts Lincolnshire pork sausages
- 1 can of cider
- 1 large cooking apple, sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped finely
- 8oz dry cured bacon
- 1tbsp cider vinegar
- 1tbsp plain flour
- handful of thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- Fry the sausages on a medium heat until golden brown. Remove from the pan.
- Fry the onions, garlic and bacon until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, add the rest of the oil to a casserole pan, and when hot, add the sliced apple and brown. This should take approximately two to three minutes.
- Add the sausages, onions, garlic and bacon and sprinkle with flour. Stir into the mixture and then gradually add the cider and cider vinegar.
- Add the thyme, bay leaf and season to taste.
- Place in the oven and cook for one hour at 160°C.
Serve with mashed potatoes.