- 10 Birketts Lincolnshire pork sausages
- 1 onion, cut lengthways in big pieces
- 1 medium apple, sliced
- 6oz plain flour
- pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- ¾ pint milk
- Heat oven to 220°C (fan oven 200°C).
- Grease a large oven proof baking dish.
- Put the flour and salt into a large mixing bowl. Make a well in the centre and pour the egg into it. Draw in the flour with a whisk and gradually add the milk.
- Gently fry the sausages for five minutes. Add the onions, apples and fry for a further five minutes until golden.
- Arrange the sausages, onions and apples in the baking dish.
- Pour the batter mixture over the sausages and cook for 30-40 minutes. The batter should be well risen and golden.
Serve with mashed potatoes and gravy.